Uber & Lyft Accidents in South Carolina & Georgia
Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft have revolutionized transportation in South Carolina & Georgia, offering convenient and cost-effective travel options. However, with the rise of these services, accidents involving rideshare vehicles have become more common. Navigating the aftermath of such accidents can be complex due to the unique circumstances they present.
At Ted Law Firm, we are committed to providing exceptional legal assistance to individuals affected by rideshare accidents. Whether you’re a passenger, driver, or pedestrian, our team is here to support and guide you through the legal process.
Legal Landscape of Ridesharing
South Carolina & Georgia categorizes companies like Uber and Lyft as Transportation Network Companies (TNCs). They connect drivers and passengers via smartphone apps, distinct from traditional taxi services. To operate, these companies must comply with specific state regulations, including insurance requirements, vehicle inspections, and driver background checks. Notably, a law named after Samantha L. Josephson mandates prominent display of license plate information to enhance passenger safety.
Insurance Coverage in Rideshare Accidents
Insurance coverage in Uber and Lyft accidents varies based on the driver’s status at the accident time. There are three main scenarios to consider:
- Driver Not Logged Into the App: If the rideshare driver isn’t logged into the app, they’re considered off-duty. Here, only their personal auto insurance applies in the event of an accident.
- Driver Logged In But Without a Fare: When a driver is logged into the app but hasn’t accepted a ride, Uber and Lyft provide a certain level of insurance coverage, typically less than when a passenger is in the vehicle.
- Driver Carrying a Passenger: The most comprehensive coverage applies when the driver is actively transporting a passenger. In these cases, Uber and Lyft offer up to $1 million in coverage.
Steps to Take After a Rideshare Accident
In the unfortunate event of an accident involving a rideshare vehicle, it’s crucial to take specific steps to protect your rights:
- Contact Authorities: Immediately call 911 to report the accident. This ensures prompt medical attention and a police report, which can be vital for any legal claims.
- Document the Scene: Take photographs of the vehicles, the accident scene, and any injuries. Also, gather contact information from witnesses and your driver.
- Seek Legal Advice: Before making any statements or signing documents from insurance companies, consult with a legal professional. At Ted Law Firm, we offer experienced guidance on navigating these situations.
Why Choose Ted Law Firm for Your Rideshare Accident Case
Our team at the Ted Law Firm is well-versed in the complexities of rideshare accidents. We understand how Uber and Lyft might attempt to minimize their liability and are prepared to counter these tactics. We conduct thorough investigations to ascertain the driver’s status during the accident and strive to secure just compensation for your injuries and losses.
Our goal is to offer compassionate, competent legal representation, helping you navigate the aftermath of a rideshare accident with confidence and peace of mind.
Rideshare accidents in South Carolina & Georgia present unique challenges, but with the right legal support, you can navigate these effectively. At Ted Law Firm, we’re dedicated to providing the guidance and representation you need to address the legal complexities of such accidents. If you’re involved in a rideshare accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for expert legal assistance.
Free Book of Attorney Secrets
“DO NOT THROW $$ AWAY”Download Book